Put your lights on...

Yesterday was a relatively successful day for me.  Alright, it didn't start too well with a 1lb gain at Binland Diet Club, but to be fair, I reckon I got off lightly bearing in mind the amount I rammed down my throat over the weekend.  I half expected the scales to shout 'One at a time please!' as I gingerly stepped on. Mrs S did spectacularly well with a 4lb loss so at the last count, she looked a dead cert for the Weekly Weigh In Winner Wonga.

In the afternoon, I decided that the time had come to hang my new solar powered pink fairy lights around the back garden fence.  I don't fare too well with growing flowery stuff (my border is known as Death Row, and I can almost hear the forgiving clematis shouting 'Dead Plant Walking', every time I approach it with a new addition).  Because of my propensity to kill almost every plant which has the misfortune to come my way, I have to rely on other things to cheer my patch of grass up.   I already have two windmills, a blue bird table, pink deck chair cushions and seven dandelions which go a long way to make the garden look more inviting, but the lights will make it look lovely.

So there I was yesterday afternoon, hanging the lights around the fence, not deterred by either the unbelievable cold (woolly gloves and Olga from the Volga fur hat were brought out of early retirement again) or the gale force 8 which threatened to blow me off my mini step ladder.  I'll be honest with you, I was more than surprised to see that they were still there this morning.  I had visions of them coming untied and draping themselves over Mrs B's whirligig next door.  Try and explain that...

I now have to wait for a marginally sunny day before switching them on.  These lights have a couple of settings on them, one of which is a rapid flashing mode.  I would rather my garden be a relaxing place of peace and tranquility, rather than resembling a Dutch knocking shop, so prefer that they stay on constantly.  But because they are solar powered, they won't turn on until it's dark, so a late night of past 9.00 is on the cards one night this week to make the final adjustments to the lighting mode.  I shall be all trouble the next day staying up that late.  

Mind you, there are those who say I am all trouble however much sleep I get.

My husband is a very brave chap...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...