Who, what, where, when, why...

Oh but it's been a busy week.  I have been poked more times than Justin Bieber on his Facebook page and coughed enough times to warrant a course of Nicorette.  I've also revealed parts of my anatomy which should remain carefully hidden for everyone's sake.  As at yesterday evening, I felt like I never wanted to step foot into my doctor's surgery again.  No offence to the lovely ladies there, but enough is enough.

Add to this a couple of sessions of torture (Pilates), twenty four miles of walking, Binland and just generally being vertical, I was extremely glad to get to Friday without having keeled over, frothing at the mouth and talking gibberish.  Leaving Binland on Friday lunchtime, I decided that I had four jobs which had to be done that afternoon:

Get car washed (dogs....say no more)
Fill car up with petrol
Get week's shopping
Take unwanted jumper (ungrateful husband) back to Next
Driving towards town, I pondered how I would do this.  I have four supermarkets close by along with a large shopping centre, and this is how my mind worked...

Go to Tesco
So-so for grocery shopping 
Long queues
Good car wash
Cheap fuel
Nowhere near Next

Go to Aldi
Cheap food
Loud
No car wash
No fuel
Major purchase distractions down centre aisle
Closer to Next but would still need additional drive

Go to Sainsbury
Average food (I don't like their fruit and veg)
Terrible car wash (see last week)
Cheap fuel
Clothes in aisle three never good news for my purse
Soft furnishings in aisle six even worse
Next close by

By the time I had mulled over this conversation in my head for the ten minutes it took to get to the first supermarket, I had given up, and I pulled into Tesco's car park.  I had full intentions of doing my food shop while my car was washed, filling up, and then driving round to Next to take the unwanted jumper back. (it wasn't that bad...who doesn't like taupe?)

However, having had the obligatory coffee and cake (Friday treat), unloaded all my shopping into my Mini - always something which you might have seen on The Krypton Factor - and filled the car up with fuel, the unwanted jumper (now buried in the boot under four large carrier bags) got a stay of execution.

I had made one impulse buy in Tesco.  Looking at the dog section on my final lap towards the till, I noticed two purple squeaky pigs.  Now I know my two dogs, and sharing is not high on their agenda, so these went into the trolley.  They loved them, and spent an enjoyable three hours biting them, and frightening themselves with the loud grunting noises.

The dogs' joy far outweighed the dismay on the husband's face as he endeavoured to watch Coronation Street last night.  

I only have two words to say.

Taupe jumper...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...