The winner takes it all...

I would like to take full blame for yesterday's rain.  Having my car cleaned usually is a catalyst for one of two things.  Either heavy rain or a scratch caused by some careless person as they 'brush' past my car with a heavy metal handbag.   Anyway, you will be pleased to know that having travelled the country lanes of the Home Counties, once again, poor old Rita is resembling a Sherman tank.

It  was time to part with some of the red stuff again yesterday.  I've been donating for many years now, but after the last donation, something rather lovely happened.  I had a text telling me that my blood had been driven all the way down the M4 to be used at St George's Hospital in London.  I did wonder what kind of person now had my blood rattling around inside them, finally settling on some gorgeous 25 year old chap who'd perhaps been a bit over zealous with a can opener.  That's the joy of it, I suppose as I'll never know.

It's a busy weekend on the agenda.  Mother's Day, the husband's birthday and most importantly, a Binland inter-department bowling competition.  Because the team I'm on is under subscribed, I have roped in the husband to play much to his dismay, and as at lunchtime yesterday, we also had to 'borrow' one of the opposing team members to make it a fair fight.  And then a miracle occurred....

'You've got a delivery', shouted the husband yesterday afternoon, 'and I'm too busy to answer the door, so you'll need to get it'.

Looking out of the hall window, there was no delivery van in the drive, but there was the most brilliant surprise.

There was son number two. Standing on the doorstep with a bag of dirty washing and a bunch of flowers.

This was fantastic for a reason other than the massive hug he gave me, and I have now roped him in for the match tomorrow also. He is an absolute demon on the bowling alley, so the Technical Team can have their patsy back while we run away with the prize.

Not sure what the prize is actually, but who cares when we have the win in the bag...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...