Rosie...

Do you remember those books we had as children which were split into three parts, so that you could have a policeman wearing a tutu and flippers, or a frog wearing a skirt and hiking boots?

I seem to have spent the last three days resembling page 6 in one of these books.

Waist upwards, I look like I've just walked on to Red Square in Moscow.  Fur hat with ear flaps, scarf, and ski jacket.

From the waist to above the knee, it's a dress for work, which takes into consideration that Binland can be like a furnace in the mornings.

Waist down, I look like someone who has escaped from goodness knows where.  Black leggings with thick knee high socks and short pink wellies finish off my look.

Anyone who comes across me on one of my walks might mistake me for a homeless person, wearing everything I own.  All I need is a few carrier bags and a whiff of something unpleasant or illegal, and I would have nailed the look.

The trouble is, I get back inside after my fight with the elements (or the 'elephants' as son number two used to say) and don't really feel like getting de-layered again.  Consequently, the husband has been greeted with the sight of his dear wife looking like a bag lady every evening this week.  The strangest thing though, is that he hasn't noticed and difference, so maybe I should adopt this 'throw everything together' look going forward, rather than touching up my lippy and checking my hair before he gets in from work each day.  Either that, or he's off to the optician again this weekend.

Still no snow in my neck of the woods.  Just a wind which could pare a carrot it's that sharp.  Yesterday afternoon was particularly bracing (such a British word) and at one point, I was walking backwards to avoid my cheeks getting pebble dashed by the vicious three day old frozen snowflakes freed from the hedgerows.  Don't you love that rosy cheeked look when you come in though?  I spent half an hour trying to replicate it with my blusher brush yesterday, but rather than looking like a healthy blush, I looked more like an aging pantomime dame.  All I needed was a bad wig, larger than life bosoms and some stripy tights to complete the look.

Oh no I didn't...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...