Breakfast at Tiffany's...

Where did all the snow go then?  Between Thursday afternoon and Friday night, it looked beautiful outside.  Fast forward to Sunday afternoon, and it looked like there had been an explosion at Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory, such was the claggy mud encompassing me between knee and boot. 

On Sunday, I 'encouraged' the husband to join me on the same walk I did on Friday, so that he could get a small taste of the joy I experienced on our snowy walk.   Unfortunately, what snow there still was concealed large puddles of melting slush, as the over exuberant husband discovered as he stamped on ahead.  I tried not to laugh, turning it into a rather unconvincing cough, but I think he knew.  

I had persuaded him to come for this long walk with me for one reason only.  Getting up early on Sunday morning, after an eventful night with the dogs (we either need a bigger bed or two smaller dogs) we decided that we'd go into Reading so that he could go and check up on a job, and I would go into Tesco and do the weekly shop, and then he would come back and get me.  This was a good plan.  

I hadn't made a list which was just as well, as the shelves were as empty as my Treat Drawer (diet still going strong) and when the husband found me, my trolley only contained half as much as usual.  Not even any milk, so I had to ration the mugs of tea last night.  But oh my days it was busy in there.  I usually just potter around the supermarket, reading glasses perched on the end of my nose, looking at this and peering at that, but yesterday's outing resembled the final lap of a Banger Race and my frugal supplies and I finally limped to the till with some relief.  I'd forgotten to get butter, but looking back at the frenzy going on at the chilled section, I decided it just wasn't worth it.

So back to the reason why I hauled the long suffering husband on a five mile walk yesterday?  Well, I had suggested going for breakfast before hitting Tesco, and we decided on The Waterfront Cafe in Benson (www.waterfrontcafe.co.uk) as our venue of choice.  I went with good intentions of having something vaguely sensible, but instead opted for a Full English Breakfast...WITH FRIED BREAD.

I'm hoping that the walk might just have cancelled out any damage, before i have to do the walk of shame to the scales at Binland Diet Club.

If not, the scales may not tip in my favour.

But boy, that fried bread was worth it...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Diary...

Ain't no mountain high enough...