Cold wind blows...

I don't know how cold it is with you at the moment, but I spent yesterday morning snapping the two furballs off various trees and posts as we attempted a walk before I went to work.  I had made the schoolgirl error of asking myself, 'Just how cold can it be?' before putting one extra sweater on beneath my walking coat.  I also had my Olga from the Volga fur hat, a scarf and gloves (to be fair, I've been wearing all of these since the middle of October).  Unfortunately, what I hadn't taken into consideration was the above the knee dress I was wearing to work yesterday.  I imagined that the extra warmth up top would somehow work its way to my knees.  

I was wrong.

Getting back indoors after forty five minutes of combat with The Beast from the East, I looked down at my legs.  Even with the black 100 denier tights I was wearing, I could see that my legs had taken on a slightly different hue to normal.  They were looking like two red pillar boxes, and it took ten minutes of vigorous rubbing to get them back to their usual off white colour before I went off to Binland.

Yesterday was weighing in day again at the Binland Diet Club, and for the fourth week in a row, I lost a little bit again.  I'm putting this down to the three layers of skin I managed to remove in my over zealous rubbing down rather than anything else, as I was expecting to have stayed the same (at best) after my few days away with son number two last week.  There was also the large pasta meal with daughter number two on Saturday and a rather impromptu Sunday roast with Miss R.  But I must be doing something right - it's probably because of the thirty miles or so which I walked last week.  Notwithstanding the fact that most of these were round H&M and Topman...

It's another short week for me this week, and I can't help but think that having Friday off was well planned.  If the weathermen get it right (please feel free to join in with me with some over hysterical laughter at this point) then I might be snowed in on Friday.  This has happened once before where we live, and I have fond memories of the husband ferrying various ladies to and from the supermarket in his 4x4.  Why they couldn't have all got together and made one list for him is anyone's guess, but I think that they all rather liked having a knight in shining armour (4WD pick up and a hi-viz jacket) at their beck and call.

But I am prepared for whatever the weather will bring.  The fridge is full, we have enough heating oil, and if all else fails, I have the husband to keep me warm.

Never mind The Beast from the East...

You want to be more worried about the Bird in a Vest from the West...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...