Jet lag...

I'd like to tell you that I'm feeling completely back to normal after ten hours'sleep on Monday night.  I'd also like to say that I look as fresh as a daisy and that nothing is impossible because I'm full of vim and vigor.

I'd love to tell you this, but I'd be lying...

The husband and I managed to stay awake until 7.45pm on Monday night, the warnings still ringing in our ears as to what would happen if we went up any earlier.  Miss R is seasoned in the time/travel department, so I felt it wise to take her warning on board.

Waking up yesterday morning, I felt great, but by 9.45am I was in a complete free fall.  Having eaten my lunch at 11.00 'just because it felt like breakfast time', by midday my eyes were taking on the appearance of two slits in a pig's bum, and I felt like crawling back to bed for a power nap.  But I soldiered on, finally leaving Binland having not fallen asleep once thanks to industrial strength Nescafe (is that at all possible without just pouring the boiling water straight into the jar)and treats from the drivers' canteen.

The big news this week, is that we have a house guest staying with us for the next few days.  Sidney is a handsome 42 year old with a shock of white hair and a fetish for chicken.  He also seems to be quite keen on sidling up to me when I'm sitting down and rubbing his face up and down my thighs in quite a giddy fashion.  Before you think that I have moved on from the husband, I should point out that Sidney is a rather spectacular Westie.  He's staying here for the week while his mum and dad take a holiday and his snowy looks have caused quite a stir in Schnauzer Town.  

Percy has met Sidney before, so he was fine, completely ignoring him as he did the last time they were together.  Reg however, is another kettle of fish altogether.  He spent the first couple of hours trying to work out where this imposter stood in the doggy pecking order, finally realising that he was scraping the bottom of the barrel, what with Sidney being older than him, and also a Guest.  So far, Sidney has pinched his bone, a pillow and his bed (even though he's brought his own with him). Watching the three of them wandering around the house, it looks a bit like speed dating.

That would be speed dating for three male dogs..

One who feels he is superior to everyone else and has no need to interact with other dogs
One who craves love at all times but rarely gets it from anyone other than humans
And one who really doesn't give a toss, but who is rather partial to chicken and strangers' beds...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...