Surprise, surprise...

And breathe.....

As I hinted to you in my ramblings this morning, there was a small secret involved in my mini break with the husband and Miss R.  This pre Christmas jolly usually involves somewhere within a three hour flight, and the shout came up last year that we should go to Prague.

What we didn't tell the husband was that we were in fact going to go to New York instead.  Not just that, but courtesy of Miss R and her millions of air miles, we would be flying out first class.  How we've managed to keep this from him for a whole year is beyond me, especially as everyone else knew (including the lady in my local Co-op).

So today was the big reveal.  There had been a couple of close shaves with the husband asking me about return flights and time differences, and I have to confess that my stress levels were through the ceiling, as I desperately tried to avoid mentioning anything which might spoil the surprise.  Standing him in front of the Departure Board, I asked him to find the check in desk details.  Naturally, Prague wasn't there, and the dollar finally dropped.  This was aided by the I💚NY t-shirts which Miss R and I were wearing over our jumpers.

I am writing this from my first class seat, 36000 feet above you.  The husband is still in a state of shock, and shaking his head from side to side like Churchill the dog.  He and Miss R have taken full advantage of the free alcohol on the plane and I forsee trouble when we land at JFK in four hours and twenty eight minutes.  I may need a very large luggage trolley.

But flying first class is amazing, and I never want to fly any other way ever again.

Even if it means selling some of my vital organs...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...