Chocolate...

The tanker arrived yesterday morning with the heating oil.  Never have I been more relieved, and at last I can put away the eight-ply woollen knitted knickers which I was working on.  The atmosphere in the house is much lighter, and I think that the increase in temperature will see the return of daughter number one once again. 

Son number two, who is currently at home (between jobs, I think they call it) has had a week off before starting his new job on Monday.  He has taken to cooking brownies while I am at work, and as I walk through the door, I am assaulted by the smell of them wafting through into the hall.  But unfortunately, all I can do is sniff  them (that's not fattening is it?) as if I had but one crumb, it would send me on a downhill spiral which would see my way adorned with Crème Eggs, cake, biscuits, booze and crisps, and all this before the first bend.  So I try to ignore the lovely whiff of it, preferring to lock myself in the lounge with the two dogs and an apple (it's just not the same though). 

Son number two is trying to impress ELL, his long standing best-friend-now-girlfriend, who has a chocolate addiction so bad that only Willy Wonka could rival it.  There was a rather noisy discussion between ELL and daughter number one last week, as there have been many occasions when chocolate has gone missing from daughter number one's bedroom.  I think we all now know who is responsible for these thefts....

Some of you will know that it is the husband's birthday very soon, and every year I spend days trying to think of something which tells him how much I love and appreciate him. This year was easy.  I have managed to get a couple of tickets to one of the Six Nations Rugby matches.  There was a slender chance that I could have gone on my own and watched it, but this might have involved wearing hi-vis and a safety helmet, whilst advising drunken supporters as to where to put their empty beer cans.  Such are the perks of working at Binland...

Anyway, the husband will be very excited, and will probably start crossing the days off from today, spending the next two weeks in a giddy state of euphoria whilst hopping from foot to foot and needing the loo more often.  Mind you, I'm rather excited too.

I mean, have you seen those thighs.......


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...