Cold as ice...

So the Three Musketeers are taking on Eastern Europe this Christmas, and have launched themselves onto the poor unsuspecting people of Krakow for a few days. 

We flew from Terminal 5 yesterday ('Flying for Grown-Ups', as I call it), and Miss R regaled me with stories of how good the shopping would be.  I needed to buy a warmer coat and a new bag, so was looking forward to the whole experience.  Walking up and down the terminal, searching for goods which had a price tag of less than five numbers, I asked someone where Next was.  Terminal 3 apparently, so the coat remained unbought, but I did manage to buy the bag - thank goodness for Accessorize....

The husband, never best left alone with the general public, managed to get himself thrown out of WH Smiths after arguing with a member of staff as to why he wasn't allowed to hand over his cash to a real person, rather than a self-serve machine.  Luckily, there are three WH Smiths in Terminal 5, so we managed to get what he wanted before they emailed his picture around banning him from all retail outlets in the airport.

The flight was smooth and quiet, with minimal child screamage (always a huge bonus where Miss R is concerned) but the landing was a little hairy.  I came out with 'Oh my, we have a bouncer' which Miss R giggled about for the next two hours in between singing Dominic the Italian Christmas Donkey with me.  Coming out into the cold Krakow evening, I once again cursed Terminal 5 for not having proper shops, and we grabbed a taxi to our hotel.

Miss R had surpassed herself on the hotel front.  I'm not saying that our room is big, but I shall be investing in a loud haler so that the husband can hear me from the bed, and a small car might be useful to get to the bathroom (some level of forward planning will be needed to get the timing right for any visits).  I'm just hoping that we are in the same time zone...

We overlook the square, with its trams and horse drawn carriages, and it's like stepping back in time.  Walking round the Christmas Market last night, I think Miss R would liked to have stepped back in time to about August, when it might have been warmer. It didn't matter how much beer, sausage or pancake we made her eat, she remained a lovely tinge of blue until we got back to the hotel.  This will teach her to wear proper socks in future.

We only managed to lose the husband twice in the town square (you can't take your eye off him when there are food stalls at every turn).  He's very easily distracted, taking great pleasure in the hugely vulgar Christmas decorations and the foot long sausages. And as for the Sterling/Zloty money conversion, we gave up trying very early on, just deciding that everything was cheaper than we thought. 

We finally fell into bed around 10.00.  I say 'fell', but I think 'threw ourselves' might be more accurate.

And then we were warm...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...