Changes...

Words from a Bird.  Day 135.

Sunny afternoons often find me sitting with my lovely neighbour, Mrs B (she of the impending café opening) out on the meadow with two mugs of tea and three dogs.  Yesterday was one of those days.  No matter that the wind, a gale force 6 with a negative chill factor, was cooling our tea to Arctic temperatures before we drank it, we were quite content, our two little faces turned up towards the pathetic watery sun like a couple of desperate sunflowers.

'Do you ever sit down and find you've got nothing to write about?'  asked Mrs B, obviously concerned for my sanity. 

Well to be honest, there are times when what I talk about doesn't come to me in a flash of inspiration.  But there is always something....

For example, I walked into work yesterday morning with another new hairdo.  So far this year, I have been curly blonde, curly brunette, straight mouse and finally straight blonde.  As I walked in, Mr G asked me whether I had changed my hair colour.  This simple comment made me very happy on a Friday morning.  The fact that someone other than my hairdresser had noticed was a revelation. 

Over the years, the husband has had to put up with many changes in my outward appearance.  Not only has he had to contend with many different hairstyles, but my silhouette has also widened and narrowed over the years.  None of which he has ever commented on in all our years together.

Now just once in a while,  I would like the husband to recognise my adventurous, inquisitive side with regards to how I look.  I had even given him the heads up on Thursday, telling him that I was going back to blonde that night.  He thanked me for the warning, then promptly filed that piece of information away with other irrelevant stuff such as where the iron is kept and the date we first met. 

Talking of important dates, he never forgets our wedding anniversary, as it is carved into a wooden bench in our garden.  This was an excellent present he bought me; it's a bit like a one of those reminders that pops up on your phone, except this one can't be deleted by mistake.  Much thought went into that I can tell you...

So going back to my hair, he will notice it eventually, I am sure.  By the time that happens though, I may well have moved on to a different look from my current well-groomed, blonde, straight tresses.

Between you and me, I have always fancied a Mohican.......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...