Time in a bottle...

Words from a Bird.  Day 121.

Daughter number 2 has returned to the fold, hurtling into the house in a manner not unlike the Tasmanian Devil (just with more clothes).  It would appear that she and the boyfriend are using my home as a basecamp this weekend as she seems to have much planned.  I'm not saying that they aim to spend as little time here as possible, but she has already informed me that there will be no need to cook for them....unfortunately, I am sure that this concession will not apply to any washing she may have snuck into the washing machine while my attention was diverted by an Amazon delivery man. He had three teeth in his head (all equally spaced out) which made me laugh as he was delivering replacement heads for my electric toothbrush...

So my wonderful sister has abandoned me today.  I always feel her loss more than any other person in my life.  After all, she's the person I shall know the longest.  We've always been incredibly close, even though I knocked out her front tooth with a catapult when she was 8, and she nicked my boyfriend when I was 21 (while I was in hospital.....I'm over it now...no, I really am). 

Talking of nicking, I understand from her messages that several items have already made it into her handbag.  You may remember me talking about her thieving prowess in a previous blog (Gypsies, tramps and thieves).  I am expecting several Virgin themed items to appear around her kitchen on her return.  Before your thoughts start meandering down a completely inappropriate avenue, I am talking about plane shaped salt and pepper pots, cutlery and probably a pair of slippers, nothing more sinister...

But what makes it worse is that she has gone on holiday again, and to a country with a time difference of 5 hours, which means that I have to really think about when I call her.  Actually, what hacks me off most is the fact that a time difference usually heralds a temperature difference.  I was pondering on that when I was sitting in my Mini yesterday afternoon with the two dogs as the hail chucked itself down.  I had to wait in there for 20 minutes, watching through steamed up windows, till it stopped, as we all know what rain does to newly straightened hair....

So while she sits in a sun lounger for a week, chain-sipping Mojitos, I shall be keeping the hair under a bobble hat, and pulling on thermals, thick socks and waterproofs for my dog walks.  If the weather man is right (he never is) a small snowman could be on the agenda, and I bet she'll be really jealous about that.

Just to get my own back on the fact that she's somewhere hot without me, I'll probably call her this morning to tell her how much I am missing her, conveniently forgetting the time difference.  Once she's woken up properly, I am sure that she'll be thrilled to hear from me...

Of course she will....she loves me...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...