Beyond the sea...

Words from a Bird.  Day 109

The sun returned yesterday.  What better excuse did the husband need to suggest a trip to the beach with the dogs?  Well I'll tell you what the better reason was.  He had to go and tighten some nuts (one of his most favoured plumbing terms) at a customer's bathroom on Sandbanks, and thought I'd like to go with him. 

I had to do son number 1's ironing before we left for the beach.  He had made sure that it was all washed and dried in readiness for my half hour available slot this morning.  Thoughtful boy...

So jobs all done, it was off to the beach.

I decided that Sandbanks is full of people who really should know better.  I watched one old chap park his Maserati in a space big enough for two Sherman tanks, while waiting for the husband who was on Mr Whippy duty.  He shunted it back and forth fourteen times, before settling the car right in the middle of the space, thus ensuring that no one else could park either in front or behind him.  It was as he went to get out of the car that he realised he had parked right next to a salt bin, so couldn't open the door wide enough to get out.  I think that he was probably distracted by the lady trying to control two loopy schnauzers who kept muttering 'Silly old fool' under her breath.  Needless to say, more shunting was on the cards.

The husband and I had a wonderful walk along the beach with the dogs.   There were some altercations I am sad to say.  Not with the dogs, but the husband had to deal with a rather condescending woman with two Chihuahuas wearing fur coats (these were in addition to their own).  Percy was stopped just in time from peeing up someone's tent (the owners were in it, so action was needed - I've never seen the husband move so fast), and Reg almost got away with a sausage roll.  The two of them also managed to kick sand over a couple after a joint pee and on the way back, Reg downed tools and refused to move unless I walked backwards proffering treats.

All in all, quite a success....

As we headed back to the car, the husband murmured in my ear...

'Fancy a cream tea?'

I actually fancied a double brandy and a lie down in a dark room listening to whales singing, but a scone and a cup of tea would have to do.  The two cream teas were outstanding.  I felt it was £19.56 well spent.

The husband however, will probably talk about what a rip-off it was for many days to come.

Well that's Sandbanks for you...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...