My brother...

Blog from a Dog.  Day 73

Percy here.  I have taken over the laptop today as my mum seems slightly distracted .

Well today started much the same as every other one.  A cuddle with my mum and dad in their bed, a walk and then breakfast.  See, nothing unusual about that.  What was  a bit odd was when they disappeared in the car with my old bed.  When I saw them getting in the car, I thought that we might have been going on holiday again.  Possibly to the beach again, my personal destination of choice.  But no, they were heading off alone.

Some hours later, they returned.  Mum came in the front door, and I gave her a sniff..it was weird, but she smelt of ANOTHER DOG.  How could she, the fickle woman. 

This, it would transpire, was the least of my problems.  Heading out to the back garden, there was a pesky kid waiting for me.  It looked like a smaller version of me.  As someone who has been an only child for four years, this wasn't looking good, I can tell you. 

Well, I introduced myself in the normal canine manner, and it turned out to be a boy.  Now those of you which read my mum's blog, will know that I have on the odd occasion shown tendencies towards other boys.  These have been genuine mistakes on my part, and to be honest, having tried out a couple of fellas, I think that I am now leaning towards the female of my breed.  I am extremely fond of the blonde next door (the four legged one, not her owner) so I was quite disappointed that my mum and dad had not noticed my transition from the only gay in the village to the local stud muffin.  Perhaps a sister might have been more fun...

So this kid, who is called Reg, has pestered me all day.  He has nicked my toys, drunk my water, peed in my garden, kitchen and lounge, and tried to monopolise my mum.  Had him there though.  One look from my soulful eyes was enough to keep her onside.

He's alright though.  Once he's calmed down, he'll be a good kid brother.  I'm looking forward to teaching him all my tricks and eventually sharing my toys (and my mum) with him.  The best thing about him so far is that he doesn't seem to be ready to eat all his food yet.  Never fear, Percy's here to hoover up the leftovers.  Who knew baby food could taste so good....

So tomorrow is another day....tonight Reg has to sleep in the utility room.  I may tiptoe downstairs and just make sure he's ok if he starts to cry.

Well, he's family, and that's what we do....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...