A day in the life...

Words from a Bird.  Day 85.

So the Bank Holiday weekend is upon us.  I don't know about you, but for me this is always the equivalent of losing a day of my life.  I spend the whole of Thursday thinking its Friday, then Friday is Saturday etc.  It's only 6.00pm on Thursday, and I have already lost Friday twice.  Once to a Depot Meeting at work which totally caught me unawares.  As I was convinced it was Friday, I had assumed that Thursday's Depot Meeting was yesterday.  The boys looked slightly bewildered, and a bit frightened if I'm honest.  They'll learn that the mind of a middle aged woman (I will live to 106) is not one to be trifled with.

I lost it the second time was when I called daughter number 2 in France to ask her if she'd enjoyed her last day's skiing.  She said very patiently that as it was only Thursday, she still had another whole day left.  'Aaah yes', I said, 'it's Thursday, not Friday'.  More chat, then 'Well, have a good flight home in the morning then'.  I could almost see her roll her eyes across the airwaves....'I will, Mum, when I leave on Saturday...'

The upside of all this is then that you feel you've gained a day.  So then I get all giddy, thinking about what I am going to do with all this extra time.  I'll tell you what I am going to do with it, spend the whole day thinking it's tomorrow...

The trouble is that we have lots planned over the weekend - I have visions of an M25 multi-event pile up around 8.30pm on Friday.

So yesterday (or today, not too sure) son number 2 broke up from school.  As he has a penchant for many clothing changes through the day (think Beyoncé) my washing machine and ironing board are on high alert.  They will need the equivalent of a spa day when he goes back in a few weeks. 

Talking about son number 2, I have never known a boy so in love with weird clothes.  There are times when he would give Liberace a run for his money as paisleys, stripes and pictures (usually skulls) crash headfirst into each other, and I find myself wishing that there was a vertical hold button on the remote control which I could point at him.   He is a great believer in individuality where clothing is concerned.  I remember one pair of leopard print brothel creepers which he was particularly fond of.  He was definitely an individual wearing those...well I doubt anyone else would have bought a pair.

I am rather proud of him though.  It takes balls to stand out from the crowd.

Something Liberace would appreciate I'm sure...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...