Telephone man...

Words from a Bird.  Day 61

I don't do 'cross'.  I've always found it to be draining and a complete waste of time.  That was until 5.47pm this evening...

The husband came home at lunchtime, and as he left, he hurled a sentence over his shoulder at me.  A sentence awful enough to make my blood run cold....'The internet's down again'. 

For some reason completely unbeknown to me, the responsibility of anything PC, IT, DAB, BBC, FREEVIEW, BT, TALKTALK and SKY all falls to me...a woman whose technology prowess ground to a halt just after they introduced VHS videos.  Kids, if you're reading his, ask your dad...
So there I am, 94 minutes spent talking to a very helpful chap in Bombay (we chatted inbetween reboots) at the end of which, he said, 'There's a problem I think', (no s#"t Sherlock)..'we'll need an engineer to call you.  When is a suitable time?'  We agreed on 10.15.  As I said to the lovely man, we should still be up by then.  'Oh no, ma'am.  Not tonight, in the morning..'.  OK, morning it is, we will expect a call in the morning.  'Oh no ma'am.  Not tomorrow, on Thursday'.

Thursday!  Are they mad?  Do they not know that I have to look at pictures of mini schnauzers and laugh at videos of cats falling off tables?  I shan't be able to find out what I am going to look like when I'm 90, not will I know which Disney character I resemble most.

Most importantly of all though, don't they know that I have a blog to write? People will be expecting to read something funny over their morning tea....what should I do?

All this explains why I am hunched over my mobile typing with one finger on a teeny tiny keyboard, desperately hoping that once typed, I'll know how to save and publish it.  You should know that I am only using one finger as the other hand is furiously sticking drawing pins into a hurriedly fashioned model of a BT engineer...

Thursday?  Bring it on.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...