It's like this...

Words from a Bird.  Day 3.  Since the announcement of the new Star Wars film, I have had to watch the husband skip excitedly from foot to foot in anticipation of two and a half hours of joy.  You will note that we have not been so quick off the mark in going to see this....there is a very good reason. 

During the early part of the 21st century, possibly over a span of three years, I spent many a hair-pulling hour trying to explain to the husband that the first trilogy was in fact the second trilogy, whereas the second trilogy (the first) was the prequel to the first trilogy (the second).  I think I had just about got this explained to him,  had taken a deep breath and filed it away deeply in an area of my brain with a padlock.  Till yesterday.....

So, settled down in our seats, the story unfolds quite neatly then the husband turns to me and says in a knowing voice....."I bet that kid they're talking about is Luke Skywalker".....Cue ten seconds of fervent whispering as I tried to explain again, going over the whole "This is three, two came first, followed by one, so this is following the first films......"  He wasn't convinced.

My whole cinematic experience was complemented by the 6'4" warthog who was seated to my left.  Never have I seen (or heard) so much food consumed by a human.  In the film's bar scene, it felt like a 4D experience. 

So, the film draws to a close.  Applause from the audience, warthog leaves as credits roll, husband lets out a wail, and says, "Oh no....it's like Lord of the Rings all over again".  I am thinking that the whole trilogy concept has passed him by.  Never mind, I've probably got a couple of years to reinforce the lessons taught between 2001-2004.......








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...